<VV> Overheating

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 1 17:34:28 EDT 2012

They would normally run a bit cooler with headers which I assume means that
you have no lower shrouds.

What are you looking at - head temp?  I would not worry below 400F.  At 450
I'd be keeping an eye on the needle.  If it goes over 475 I'd say you need
to find the cause.

Maybe your fan belt is too loose (fan slipping), bearing about to fail in
fan - alternator - or idler pulley, oil cooler is blocked, wrong heat range
plugs, something else?

Later, JR