<VV> Overheating

Larry Forman larry at forman.net
Sun Apr 1 17:47:39 EDT 2012

For something else:    Is the oil cooler winter/summer plate
installed?   Make sure there are NO missing engine seals or heater holes
open or heater hoses open.   If you recirculate engine heat to the
engine it will overheat.   Are your thermostats opening properly and the
doors not blocked?    Is the engine telling you that you are losing
power or pinging?   If so - DEFINITELY it is overheating and stop and
open rear engine cover and get it cooled down immediately.  What is your
timing set at?   Has the harmonic damper outer ring slipped?   Check the
alignment of the harmonic damper marks, inner to outer.   You don't have
a variable speed pulley for the fan?

You say that the engine fins are clear and clean, but did you DEFLASH
those fins to allow about 1/3 additional air through them?

Are you SURE that there is not some paper or cloth towel that got sucked
into the fan and is blocking something?  Happens VERY fast!   You will
need to remove the engine cover to double check.

Larry