<VV> Overheating

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 19:18:04 EDT 2012

I have a 65 Corsa Conv. 140hp. 4-Speed.
When on the highway or maintaining high revs around town it overheats.
If I keep the revs low I can drive around all day without a problem.
The only modification is I replaced the exhaust system with headers from Clarks.
Checked the fan belt to make sure it isn't too tight.
Oil is fresh & high zinc 10w30 for classic cars.
Run on 93 Octane Unleaded.
Engine fins are clear and clean.
Filters are fresh.
What is the normal temperature range when warmed up?
Any troubleshooting suggestions?
Thanks!

 Welcome to VirtualVairs!  Please tell us where you are located... someone that is real familiar with 140's may live nearby!
Have you joined CORSA and a local chapter?

 On top of all the good advice that has been given... I'd say get an Infared Temp gun and  read the heads when the gauge shows high...

Should be within 50 F  of the meter reading...

Note: we have seen  Temp gauges that read super high...  usually fairly soon after starting..

 And we all know in less than 90F  ambients, the heads take 3-5 miles before warming past 300 f.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages