<VV> Disappearing Stop Lights

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Sun Apr 8 13:52:01 EDT 2012

Friday evening I drove my 65 CORSA convert followed by my wife in her rental car.  (The fried van still sitting in Indy waiting parts after the lightning strike.)  When we got to the destination she told me I had no tail lights.  She thought I had them when we left the house.  I've checked the switch and have poer in and out.  I jumped the circuit between both connectors on the switch and still nothing at the stop light sockets.  I can't find a thing wrong.  Any ideas.  HELP!  Thanks in advance.
P.S. I just finished installing a tele column and a new radio but can't see and reason that would cause a brake light problem
P.P.S. Can someone tell what color wire carries the stop light circuit at the big plastic connector in the engine compartment.