<VV> [fastvair] Disappearing Stop Lights

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Sun Apr 8 14:14:43 EDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian <bmoneill at juno.com>

P.S. I just finished installing a tele column and a new radio but can't see and reason that would cause a brake light problem
P.P.S. Can someone tell what color wire carries the stop light circuit at the big plastic connector in the engine compartment.

Here's the diagram.

http://www.tocmp.com/tOCMP/wiring/5765wiring%20diagrams/Chevrolet/MWireChev65_3WD-096.jpg

 Yes.. the turn signals  carry the brake light circuit...  see diagram. this is most likely your problem.

Sadly I have a pic of a non tele  switch opened up... but the tele's are different / rare...  iirc

  So you see there are TWO  wires  in the connector..  right and left  turn/brake circuits.

Matt Nall

Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages