<VV> Disappearing Stop Lights

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Apr 8 15:10:02 EDT 2012

Pretty funny! " I just finished installing a tele column and a new radio
but can't see and reason that would cause a brake light problem " is
equivalent to "I removed the dimmer switch and don't know why the
headlights don't work". But you need to be an EE to get the humor... ggg

i.e. The brake light switch powers the left and right rear lamps through
the turn signal switch. That is how the same lamp filament lights for
either the brake or turn signal.

Either you missed the wire placement on the new switch, or the contacts
in the switch need cleaning. This is delicate work, but there is always
a new switch to fix dirty contacts.

As the diagram Matt supplied, look for power on a black/yellow and a
dark green wire exiting the turn signal switch.

Frank DuVal

Hey, at least it is easier than fixing a lightning pulse. Or an wiring
on a modern vehicle.