<VV> slightly off-topic- clutchless

charles doerge cdoerge1 at att.net
Tue Apr 10 20:30:29 EDT 2012

While reading the following posts, I remembered some of my earlier escapades as
a lad with my Dad regarding double clutching... Back then it seems I had an
adversity to automatic transmissions and converted whatever I owned at the time
to stick-shift (usually a four speed). Not having a welder at home to complete
the cross-shaft conversion for the clutch, my Dad taught me early on how to
drive a clutchless standard shift to the shop where the parts could be welded.
Start the car in first gear, and shift at the proper time to a higher gear. If a
stop was necessary, shut it down and repeat until your destination was reached.
Worked then and will work now for those who find themselves "clutchless"....
Cheers,    Charlie

Message: 7