<VV> 63 Monza on Google Maps

chuck mckinley cmckinley313 at verizon.net
Wed Apr 11 10:51:38 EDT 2012

Friends,
	A Google Maps "street view" camera car did a loop through our
neighborhood this morning just as I was leaving the house, and it passed
about 15 feet in front of me, just the other side of my '63 Monza 900
parked at the curb. Presumably the next time Google updates their street
view database, the Monza (and I) will be visible, front and center. Look
for the address 711 Emerald Court, Newport News, VA. It should be pretty
obvious. Black car, old guy in blue jeans and bright yellow jacket.

	I'm also happy to report that the Monza that I was offering last week
for parts or restoration looks like it will live on. I apparently
totally mis-diagnosed the problems I was observing. The rough idle and
stalling after warmup were due to a bent choke rod sticking in the
passage through the head and holding the choke closed, and this morning
I discovered that the "twitter" is coming from the generator. I was able
to knock it out by tightening the belt a bit, but that's just temporary,
as the generator squeaks when turned by hand with the belt removed, so
I'll put in new brushes & bearing and that should be a solid fix. The
squeak is definitely coming from the back end of the generator.

Cheers,
Chuck McKinley