<VV> (no subject)

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 23:02:44 EDT 2012

Ray, my testimonial is that they are noisy!  My dad bought a new Chevy II in 1962 with the 2-bar spinner wire wheel covers. All these years later I still remember how they snapped and popped. Nice looking, but not quiet.

My 1962 Corvair Monza has the same style wheelcovers. Same thing - snaps and pops are part and parcel. Sometimes I think I have a bad U-joint, so I take them off and take it for a spin to be sure. But its just the wheel covers.

 Ray Rodriguez said:

<<Based on replies it seems the correct 13" wire caps that were available
with these cars are an option.  I'd like some more feedback on these
particular (EM) wire hubcaps as far as noise.  I'd like some more
testimonies that they can be made quiet before I buy a set.>>

-- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on