<VV> (no subject)

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Fri Apr 13 06:38:53 EDT 2012

Interesting as I once ran a set of the 2-spoke spinner wire wheel covers
on my 61 Lakewood and a set of the 3-spoke spinner wheel covers on my
66, and I never heard any noise out of any of them though I'm not big on
silent exhausts. It may be true of some wheel covers (that they rattle),
but it shouldn't be considered as a given. The 2-spokes now hang on the
wall in my shop; the 13 inch 3-spokes got stolen long ago (they were
very nice). That seems to be a bigger problem given that they are very
expensive if you can't keep them (theft-wise). I eventually replaced
them with 14-inch 3-spoke (which I still have put away) but ultimately
went with aluminum wheels (15-inch) since I was always concerned about
leaving the car anywhere in public with them on there (and for better
tire choices).

Mark N