<VV> Fan Belt Tension

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Sat Apr 14 02:19:24 EDT 2012

 Jim, the issue here is, it's not the rubber, it's the tension members! And they very much do expand when hot, a lot more than the metal parts do.

Probably the only way to put this to bed is to get an infrared thermometer and a GOOD belt tension tester, and correlate tension to temperature over a bunch of points.

John Roberts