<VV> (no subject)

levair at aol.com levair at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 09:39:59 EDT 2012

Michael and I went to a Corvette sponsored autocross( Wounder Warriors
charity) Sunday to see what would fall off of the cars. It was a real
test too; one section was so rough, that I'll spend most of the day
looking for loose bolts. Both cars ran well but were poorly geared for
the rather tight event. Corvairs are pigs at tight events. I used the
tires that were on Michael's cars at last year's Mitty; the rubber
snakes on them made for an exciting first run.
    Our cars were very well received, especially when they found out
about their intended purpose in less than two weeks.
     My lighter car was balanced by passengers making them about equal
(Michael's has no passenger seat.). I barely nipped Michael on the last
run. We left early without making the next set of runs as Michael's tow
vehicle was having problems--testing isn't just about the race cars.

Warren