<VV> 95 hp shutdown

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Wed Apr 18 13:07:11 EDT 2012

I've had this problem on most of my 'vairs at one time or another.  It sounds to me like the rubber fuel line that connects to the tank is collapsing and cutting off the fuel.  That is the most common problem I've had.  The car will usually run for some random amount of time and then run out of gas.  This problem is aggravated by a fuel screen in the tank that is gummy or dirty and not flowing well.
I'm assuming that the reason no one mentioned this is that you said the fuel tank was new and they are assuming that the fuel lines are new also which is probably a good assumption.
Check for fuel pressure at the carbs when it quits.  It would be a good idea to check the filters in the carbs too.  If you have pressure check this:
The other common issue I've had is the accelerator pump cups going bad.  The car will start and run fine while the chokes are on but once warmed up it will die and refuse to start until it cools off.  The carbs are full of fuel but no squirt or a very weak squirt from the pumps.
Joel McGregor