<VV> Trying again on 134A subsitute question

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 13:14:55 EDT 2012

                                                       B"H

Grant:  I'm afraid you may be getting into a "hot" topic here with strong opinions pro/con the alternatve referigerants.

Personally I can tell you that I've used a product called "Enviro-Safe ES12a" which yes, it has propane, but I have had good luck using it in my air-conditioned antique cars for years without a problem.  It works efficiently, doesn't corrode the internals to the A/C system, and can be used without major replacement of the R12 components, nor do you have to evacuate an empty system when charging.  It can be used in an R134a system without modification.

It's sold by AutoRefrigerants.com either in cans or in bulk.  Again I can only provide feedback based on my own personal experience.  I'm planning on using in my "new" '66 Monza once I have the time to get the compressor hooked up again and order a can of oil for the system.

Best wishes...Bill Hershkowitz 66 Monza Sport Sedan 110 PG A/C