<VV> Dieseling

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Mon Apr 23 16:26:32 EDT 2012

Brian,
One thing no one has mentioned, just happened to me.  Check your carb balance between carbs.  I stayed up late a few days ago playing with mine and finally at 2 am thought I had them balanced.  I use the "unisyn" gauge with the little ball.  However, the next morning it didn't seem like it was idling correctly so I set the idle higher.  Then I drove the car to my aunt's place, about 1.5 hours away and it dieseled all over the place.  Scary.  So, as I was about to embark on the return trip I set each carb back to what it was and the car ran fine.  When I got home, I busted out the unisyn gauge again, recalibrated the carbs and the problem was solved.  Also, I second the tip to use premium.  Go for the 93 Octane stuff.  You'll be glad you did.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook
'63 ragtop 84/pg
'65 monza 4dr. 110/pg