<VV> Comments on the Updated Corvair Secrets book

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Fri Apr 27 11:09:23 EDT 2012

>From someone who uses your book as constant reference, I applaud  you.
> However, I see no reason to duplicate the info in the edition I now  own.
> think you should issue an addendum for all of us current  owners.
>
> Thanks,,
> Joe Dunlap

Joe and everyone,

It turns out that making an addendum to the original book just  isn't
feasible. First is the cost. To produce an addendum as you call it,  requires
another whole book to be printed and published, with a new cover. The  costs of
doing that almost equal the cost of doing the update as I have  done. So if
produced, the addendum would cost nearly what the updated book costs  and
thus, I ask you the question.........

Would you rather pay $25 for an addendum or $30 for the whole  udated book?

Then there is the choice of book or electronic version. As of  now, I am
not into doing electronic editions. And in fact, I am not really  attracted to
doing so. So there is the time factor to consider. Get an updated  book
NOW, or wait a year or more for an electronic edition??

And lastly, the updated book has all of the articles neatly  categorized
into chapters for your convenience of associating them and locating  one of
interest. An addendum is really the second of two books and  now there are
TWO  Tables Of Contents for the reader to  sort through. That,  plus the fact
that typically one or the other books is  sure to get misplaced or lost by
the reader.

Regards,
Bob Helt