<VV> Re-setting Odometer

RAY esu92 at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 11:21:32 EDT 2012

Hi there, in Phoenix. Check with AZ DOT. If it is registered as a
reconstructed vehicle, there shouldn't be a problem. If registered as
the vehicle it was originally intended to be, there may be issues you
need to address. I was a New York State certified speedometer
technician for many years and as such, back when (70s - 80s), I could
calibrate, adjust, replace & repair speedometers. The only thing that
needed to be done if you replaced the speedometer head having different
mileage on it, with a repaired  or new one, was to reset it with the
true miles. Then there came a time when you were not to allowed to
adjust the miles and had to just add a tag with the original miles,
posted to the dash. No one would ever think to remove the tag. RIGHT.
Now, who knows what is needed. Today you can get your vehicle properly
titled stating, (on the title) "not actual milage". This covers all the
bases, I guess. I live in north Phoenix Arizona, Cave Creek. If the
speedometer head is out. It's a simple adjustment. Just be careful not
to touch or attempt to clean the numbers face or other parts that are
factory printed. If you do, you may wipe off the print.  Amen