<VV> Re-setting Odometer

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Apr 29 21:51:52 EDT 2012

Who is to say that a particular Vair even has the original dash any longer.
Neither of mine do.  However, I do still have the originals on the shelf.
When I changed the truck over to a Spyder dash, it was rolled back to zero.
That way I can just add to Spyder dash mileage to the original in order to
know the "true" mileage.

However, how would I know if the dash that I think is the original really IS
the original - or how many times it has turned over.  In other words, I
would not be concerned about rolling a speedo back to zero on a 50 year old
car UNLESS you plan to present it as a very low mileage car in a
(fraudulent) sale.

Later, JR

PS - I'm NOT a lawyer.