<VV> Question

J R Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 1 21:08:37 EDT 2012

Ulli,

It can be done without removing the engine.  Harry Yarnell mentioned this.

You will need to lower the rear of the engine on a floor jack - with the
lower engine mount nuts and figure 8 washer removed - in order to get the
heads to clear the frame rails.  But once the heads are off, you can hang
the engine back onto the mount.

Of course, if you prefer to work at the bench and not bend over so much,
that is your call.

Later, JR