<VV> Brakes - Question

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 00:47:15 EDT 2012

                                                                         B"H
Hi folks!  Have a question on brake adjustment.  Although all the self-adjusters in my car are in there and complete, I just don't trust that these things do a "perfect" adjustment.  Maybe I'm wrong, but my question is:  Should there be some drag on the wheel when it is spun off the ground with the stock Corvair brakes?  Does anyone know of a tool that can be used to measure drag so ensure that the resistance is equal on all four wheels?
I've had my front end aligned, replaced both front brake hoses, checked all the shoes/drums, and it all looks peachy.  Still she veers sharply to the right when I apply the brakes.  I suspect one or more wheels has an incorrect brake adjustment.
Thanks...Bill Hershkowitz 66 Monza Sport Sedan 110 PG A/C