<VV> Brakes - Question

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Fri Aug 3 08:28:56 EDT 2012

The whole idea of using hydraulically actuated brakes is to equalize the pressure on the brake shoes.  Adjustment has little to do with it.  I think the most common cause is grease / oil on the brake shoe.  A surprisingly small amount on a shoe or inside the drum during assembly will make the the brake grab causing the 'off to the side' pull.  Try brake clean but if there is quite a bit it may come down to another set of shoes.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.