<VV> another brake question--'61 Lakewood

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Fri Aug 3 21:55:09 EDT 2012

You should be able to tell by what they do.  If they work good and feel solid but you have a lot of pedal travel then it's just the adjustment.  If they are mushy then you have other issues.  Most likely air.  If you are using Dot5 fluid it is very difficult to bleed.  I've had master cylinders on other cars that would suck air past the rear seal but not leak fluid.
Joel