<VV> ICE CREAM SOCIAL , convention my/our take

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat Aug 4 05:14:18 EDT 2012

Around here there are at least 2 "clambake " outfits that do them all
season. Tickets run @$60 a person  unless partially subsidized by a  company.
_http://www.hinerwadelsinc.com/_ (http://www.hinerwadelsinc.com/)
The idea of a picnic substitute for a crowd of the size we had was a good
one , and that hotels ability to switch to indoors in such a short time was
nothing short of amazing. Speaking for most of our group, we had a
wonderful  time! The logistics of setting up steamers , and serving clams is not
easy. We  used to do clambakes at our old home for my business every year ,
until we  retired , and it became a huge chore for us.
, so we know what has to be done behind the scenes, and appreciate the ones
 we attend now even more.
All in all for a couple that did not participate in the Corvair aspects of
it , We rate this one very high.
My only negative comment is taking care of the vendors. Think on it , they
spend the money to come ,  have to man the setup while open , and find it
hard to take a short break for coffee, food or potty without some sort of
outside help , or just walking away for a few minutes.  We had runners
available to help when needed. We appreciate the vendors and what they do for
our hobby.  If you have ever been in business for yourself , you know the
rest of the story.
I survived a lot of walking there , and it is getting harder to do!   In
the end I was sore , but far better than expected. And for the bargains in
the flea area , WOW!!
Wife (Rita)  got a lot of knitting done because of her walking  problems.
Regards, Tim Colson     rating this one very high after  going to only
about 20 in the past, and working at 2.