<VV> ICE CREAM SOCIAL , convention my/our take

John Sweet jasvair at certainty.net
Sat Aug 4 07:11:41 EDT 2012

Tim and all.
Thanks for bringing up the vendors at the convention as I was one of them.
My biggest complaint about the convention was the times that were
established for the vendors to sell.
Wednesday was setup day with no sales as it was listed on the program.
Clark started selling at 1pm so I did the same.  The room should of been
open till later that day.
Thursday was 9 to 6.  I had complaints that we should of been able to be
open later atleast one evening as it was in the past till like 8pm.
On thurday and friday they had the tours with 2 busses or about 100 people
that were gone all day.  When they got back they could not shop for parts
inside due to the early closing.
Then on Friday we were open till 5pm but the busses did not return till 5:30
and again we had to close at 5 so more lost sales.

With the cost of the vendor spaces inside we all lose money when we setup
inside.
The outside vendors had no restrictions on when they could sell.
Corsa needs to look at the schedules closer so this does not happen again.
John Sweet