<VV> mystery rear brake noise, need help

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Mon Aug 6 14:48:51 EDT 2012

I've had brake shoes make grinding noises like they are metal on metal but they look fine.  Replacing them has always fixed it.  I've never had it happen on a Corvair but have seen it on a couple of Hondas.  A mechanic friend of mine says he's seen it happen several times but hasn't noticed it being any specific brand of vehicle.
Joel