<VV> Engine assembly questions

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Wed Aug 8 19:21:22 EDT 2012

Hi all, I am finally putting together my engine. I have a few questions....
1) Is there a sealant I should use between the two crankcase halves?

2) How the #$%^ does one find the timing mark on the crankshaft gear? I
can't see anything on the gear on account of the flange that obscures it.

Karl

Normally only a small area gets any sealer....  the sharp corners of the case where they meet the oilpan.

Here's the pic of the Cam / Crank alignment....  go by the  keyway positions.

Question..  is the cam an original?  or a NEW cam?    NEW cams need to have their timing checked..

http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/file.php?1,file=73154,filename=DSC02980.JPG

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio