<VV> Wheels and tires for Lakewood

Rt66Vairs at aol.com Rt66Vairs at aol.com
Sun Aug 12 15:11:29 EDT 2012

In a message dated 8/12/2012 12:06:35 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
Rt66Vairs at aol.com writes:

Since I retired I have had several projects to get finished prior  to
starting on MY project.

I have an extremely solid '61 Lakewood 700 that I intend to turn into a
real nice daily driver.\\Of course the first thing that I ran into is the same
 thing anyone with an early is faced with...

TIRES

I'm looking for a good suggestion for 14" wheels that will work on the
Lakewood and what size tires would be best. I need to do this right from the
get go so I can drive it and move it around. The current tires have had it
and  one of them will not hold air for more than a few minutes.

I would really like to stick with 13" so I can use the original wheel
covers but I'm not going to pay $250 per tire. That's just crazy for a  driver.

So hit me with your best suggestions.

Hope everyone is having a great summer. It's been hot as hell here but
that's San Berdoo for ya.

Tim Abney
IECC