<VV> Type of Motor Oil Question

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 13:26:13 EDT 2012

Rich, Richard Widman recommends a CI-4 or SL rated 10w30 oil.
When I built my motor, I remover the distributer and turned the oil
pump by hand until it built pressure, could not turn it any more, three
or four times. This flowed enough oil that it went clear out to the
rockers, so should be enough to pre lube the bearings. Then turn it
over with the starter to spray oil all over the cylinders, then install
spark plugs and see what you get! Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone