<VV> Car Display Awards

gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Fri Aug 17 12:25:22 EDT 2012

Sorry to say I did not have a Corvair at the convention.

But just let me say......
I would have been honored to get one of those awards!
If I did, I would have proudly displayed it on my office wall instead of relegating it to the basement or attic where so many of the awards I've "won" over the years have disappeared into oblivion.

That has to be one of the cleverest, and fun awards I have ever seen!

Some people take these things way too seriously!

I may "borrow" that idea for one of the non-Corvair specific events I run.
Think about it, now that the idea is out there, it opens up a lot of possibilities to be really creative.

I applaud those who came up with this, and I really thank you for such a great convention.

Years ago, a good friend of mine had a bunch of imaginative awards given out at a show, examples:
Best Hay Hauler
Beater is Neater
Best Drive-In Ride
Low and Slow
Party Doll
Wagons Rule
Far Out Four Door
and dozens more.

Most everyone loved them.
But there were a few that won who thought they should have gotten a different one.

It was done in fun.

Lighten up folks!

Gary Swiatowy