<VV> Car Display Rewards

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Fri Aug 17 16:05:32 EDT 2012

Since I've not been a CORSA member for several years now,  I didn't read
this thread when it started.

Why didn't I read this thread???  Do tell!

All I read on the Sturbridge Convention was really positive.  Not trying to
knock the apparently outstanding job that was done in any manner. But I JUST
KNEW that folks would be beefing about something, and the Clambake was the
lucky recipient.   In the 15 years I've been on V V, there have been
complaints about the convention.  Some are substantive, most not so.  And
the distinction in some cases can be made whether you actually attended or
not.

This Trophy thing is another one of those "you didn't have to be there to
know the people complaining are whack jobs" things.

I have never entered a car in the Car Display or Concours. Mostly because I
never had one nice enough.   I do now.

IF I was a CORSA member
IF I attended the National Convention
IF I put my car in the Display
AND IF FOLKS THOUGHT ENOUGH OF MY CAR THAT I GOT A TROPHY.......

Well, it would be the first trophy I ever received, and if atop said trophy
was the back half of a mule, I'd still be proud to have it.
To me It's not the number of trophies you win,  or the artistic design on a
trophy that means the most.
It would be that people thought enough of all the time that was sent
restoring MY CAR  was worthy of their respect/admiration, and said so.

Your mileage may vary.

Hank