<VV> Simple solution to a problem

Bob Dunahugh yenko108 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 19 10:06:41 EDT 2012

This is a fruit for thought E-mail. The award didn't fallow the rules that Corsa set out years ago in their manuals on conventions. I chaired the 2010 convention. Been on the Corsa BOD.  Bottom Line. We can make comments on this issue, when we're Corsa members. BUT. This issue is to be resolved  between the one's that got the awards, and the Corsa BOD. It's just that simple. (Their the one's that were affected. Their the ones that need to be satisfied. If their happy, we should be happy for them).  The e-mail below  is to someone that I was talking  too.

Interesting comments in the E-mails Marv, Neither of us looked at it from that angle  I like a joke as much as anyone. But I still don't think this was the place for a joke. I have all my Corsa awards hung on the wall of my shop/ man cave with pride. About 35 I believe, as at times, I would get two at conventions. Including a few Corsa Car display awards. As they came from an International Convention. ( MUCH better class of cars then the Walmart shows.)  No other awards are up there. They went in the recycle bin when I got home from toughs events. They have no value to me. As far as the awards given out. It would have been fun at the Walmart show, no dough. Is Corsa aspiring to stay an International event like Pebble Beach, with Corsa truly having outstanding high quality cars, and awards. ( just cheaper cars then PB.  been to it. The awards at the 2010 convention for all events, including car display cost $27.00 each.) Or, do you want Corsa to mimic  the local Walmart show, and awards. Were a bad paint job can win. because it had some neat fussy dice on the mirror, and a stuffed animal in the drivers seat. We've all seen that happen. As an International Convention award, it would have gone in the recycle  bin. As a Walmart show award. I would have put it up for the fun of it, and had a good laugh with some friends. Personally, I like awards that I get compliments on how nice they are. Not how funny. It comes down to the image that Corsa, and the BOD want's to project to it's members, and prospective members.  The Communique is a class act publication. A point of pride in Corsa. I think that the BOD is going to have to decide if their International Conventions are going to stay a class act. Or go for a  change   I'm NOT saying that I'm right, and others are wrong. Just a perspective to think about. Don't shout the messenger. I'm not on VV. Open, and respectful dialogue is what clears the air.   It's up to the Corsa Board. As it WAS Corsa's Convention. Please, be respectful of what they finally do.               Bob Dunahugh.