<VV> Car display awards

Jerome Thomas jcthomas55 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 19 20:42:57 EDT 2012

Ok folks, I'm the newbie. 1st convention that we have ever attended and for our money it was fantastic!
Now, given that, I don't know what protocols were not followed but let me suggest a few things.
If you want the awards to be of a certain quality, style or whatever simply make a standard Corsa award. Done!
Personally, we took third in the late open class and LOVE the award and it is hung on our garage wall with many others, including a couple from Clarks shows. I especially like these awards because they come from Corvair people. Also,we thought the idea was great rather than the typical plastic plaque, or 4 foot tall red and gold trophy.
Also, you can't have ours back and we don't want any replacement.
This convention had in excess of 200 Corvairs in on place at one time! I heard many say that is more than many conventions. It was awesome to be able to look around and see so many vehicles in one place. Eleven station wagons! A couple dozen vans and rampsides! and people have time to argue over the quality of a award?
My personal opinion is that the Corsa BOD needs to get with the times and get out of the "way we used to do everything" rut. We probably will never attend another convention because of locations, but we will sure remember this one.
My advise is to look at what was done right and hope to duplicate it at the next one.
Jerry Thomas