<VV> Head Torque - Valve Adjust

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Tue Aug 21 15:29:02 EDT 2012

Seth, this happened on our impeccably clean, fresh-rebuilt engine from Dave
Clemens.

Not a loosening of the entire stud, but a loosening of the rocker studs when
backing off the rocker nuts during a valve adjustment.
Initially, I put it down to wear and polishing of the stud/rocker stud
thread interfaces over time.

I don't fault Dave, I just think some form of locking device would go a long
way to holding rocker stud torque,
while we do adjustments to the valve train. BTW, I adjust lifters cold.....

Mel Francis
Monzqa SS replica
Oconomowoc, WI