<VV> PG question

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 21 19:59:31 EDT 2012

Forgot the subject...sorry
 MIKE KOVACS

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Michael Kovacs <kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net>
To: VV <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Cc: fastvair at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tue, August 21, 2012 7:58:22 PM

 Maybe you can give me some advice. The PG in my '66 Corvair has a strange
quirk. When I select Low, it goes into gear without a problem. However the TV
lever is actuated in a clockwise movement that pushes the carburetor linkage to
increase the RPM.

Associated ? problem is that it wont kick down into low as it should under wide
open throttle. I suspect it is an internal problem with the TV linkage.

 I've  had the care for almost 30 years and no amount of service manual
suggested adjustments to the linkage will stop this high idle situation. The car
is mechanically rebuild and used as a daily driver. MIKE KOVACS