<VV> 140 engine on a regular PG transmission

Barry Gershenfeld gbarry42 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 15:30:06 EDT 2012

I don't have my references here, but as I recall, the modifications to make
a 140 Powerglide were adjustments to internal pressures to keep it from
slipping under high load.  The governor was different, which probably moved
the shift point.  And maybe some other change to smooth out the shift.
None of this sounds like the reported problem.  The reported problem sounds
like the idle is too high.

Too high an idle, but the engine loads down easily...that sounds like a
possible vacuum leak.

Barry