<VV> 140 engine on a regular PG transmission

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Aug 22 18:25:37 EDT 2012

Well, IMO the TQ converter subject is still unsettled.

To my knowledge there are several different Corvair converter part numbers
floating around and no one seems to know the differences between these
different  converters. Are there truly differences in capability and stall
speeds or not?  There may well be. But the information just isn't known.

If anyone wants to research this subject we all would be appreciative.
Start with the 1960-63 converter #3777719 and the 1964-69 one #3846973. Then
take a look at all the different converter part numbers specified in the
various  Assembly Manuals. And consider that the 1960 converter had a stall
speed of 1600  rpm (thanks Matt) and consider whether this converter matched the
torque  capabilities of all the other different Corvair PG engines. Seems
logical  that there should be different converters to match different engine
capabilities.

Regards,
Bob Helt

In a message dated 8/22/2012 2:54:00 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,