<VV> Body Styles, Models, and Years. Was: Sedans

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Mon Dec 3 14:09:54 EST 2012

On 12/3/2012 1:33 PM, shortle wrote:
> I don't have 1 of everything. I have never owned an 8 door. I have never owned a 1960. I have never owned a Stinger. I have never owned a Loadside.

I have never owned a Stinger, nor a Loadside.  But I can claim to have
owned at least one of every body style (early 4-dr, early 2-dr, early
convertible, wagon, late 4-dr, late 2-dr, late convertible, Greenbrier,
Corvan, and pickup).

I have had 500s (early and late), 700s, Monzas (early and late),
Spyders, Corsas.  I have owned both "standard" and "deluxe" versions of
each of the FC models, plus a Greenbrier equipped with the factory
camper package.

I have driven a Stinger and a Fitch Sprint (I have driven both early and
late Fitch Sprints).  I have driven the Fitch Phoenix.  I have taken
rides in a Corvair-powered Karmann Ghia, a Corvair-powered Porsche, a
Corvair-powered dune buggy, an Ultravan, and a V8-powered Corvair.  I
have not flown in a Corvair-powered aircraft and I am generally content
to stay on the ground.

I think that the only model year I have never owned is 1969.  I know
that I have owned at least one of all the other model years, but I can
no longer remember for sure whether a '69 ever passed through my hands.

I have had more than 60 Corvairs through the years, but never more than
six at one time and typically well under that.  Today I own two.