<VV> AM/FM radio connections

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Sun Dec 9 15:45:49 EST 2012

I need to bench test my Corvair AM/FM radio and need to know the pinout
for the 3 terminal connector on the back of the radio. There are no
markings that would label which pin is which (looks like there may have
been a paper label on there at one time but it probably fell off 30+
years ago), and the car is in storage at the moment.

It is obvious that, looking at it from the rear, the left pin is chassis
ground since it has a wire soldered direct to chassis. Of the remaining
two--middle and right, which is speaker and which is +12VDC?

Does anyone have any documentation on tuning adjustments for these?
Besides the antenna tuning adjustment, there are two others.

Unless my sloppy quick look at Clarks site missed something, it appears
that these 3 pin connectors are not available by themselves so I'll just
make up a cable with female spade connectors. May even keep it as a shop
radio for the winter.

Thanks,

Mark