<VV> FW: Radar & Front Plates

Shelrockbored at aol.com Shelrockbored at aol.com
Mon Dec 10 14:53:14 EST 2012

When traffic signal camera enforcement became common I started seeing ads
and hearing "'heard tell' stories" about "magic sprays" one could spray on a
 licence plate to foil everything from radar to traffic enforcement
cameras.  I was wondering when the license plate cover would  surface on this
thread.

I know many people do it but in New York (and I would assume elsewhere) it
is illegal to cover your licence plate, tag etc. with ANYTHING.  It would
probably be difficult to find a cover in New York.  If you're caught the
fine is much greater than a camera summons.  I "heard tell" of one  wise-guy
who got his car impounded.  It's easier and cheaper to  just obey the law.

In New York so long as one is not driving like a maniac the cops  generally
tolerate 70 MPH out on the highway.  In NYC one can get away  with 60 to 65
(Speed limit on highways is 50 MPH - 45 on some like the BQE  I-278)
assuming you can find an open highway with no traffic on it to allow  that kind of
speed.  Lack of heavy traffic doesn't exist  between 7:00 AM and 11:00 AM
and then again between 3:00 PM and 10:00 PM on  a weekday.

Steve Sassi
Long Island Corvair

Abbreviations:
NYC = New York City
BQE = Brooklyn-Queens Expressway

In a message dated 12/10/2012 12:31:47 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,