<VV> Expensive Gasoline

FrankCB at aol.com FrankCB at aol.com
Thu Dec 13 15:30:09 EST 2012

John,
    While fracking WAS intended to get more natural gas  it has also
increased our production of petroleum.  That's what's helping  to reduce our
import of oil.  But the big increase in natural gas  has so dropped the price
(compared to coal and oil) that some municipalities  (such as Indianapolis) are
beginning to convert their vehicles to run on that  fuel instead of oil or
gasoline.  Only a few years ago plans were  made to construct liquified
natural gas terminals so we could IMPORT  natural gas to feed our growing need.
NOW, however, these plans are being  changed to make EXPORT terminals to
ship out natural gas to areas like  the Far East where its price is now THREE
times what it is in the  USA.  No thanks to the 35 year-old Energy Dept. for
these  improvements, but I'm sure the government will take credit for them.
    "Oy gevalt"?   And a Happy Chanukah  to you, John!!!
Frank Burkhard
Boonton, NJ

In a message dated 12/11/2012 11:40:37 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,