<VV> Cleaning Concrete (clarification based on personal experience)

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Sat Dec 15 12:13:55 EST 2012

And to add an additional 2 cents...

Over ten years ago when I swapped the V6 in our Buick Century using the
borrowed garage of a friend (who had proudly built the structure himself) I
was  embarrassed that despite my plastic and cardboard covering I had stained
his new  concrete floor with a mixture of old brake fluid and chassis
grease.  And  he rightly expected me to make it right which I did with a
combination of  repeated application of hand cleaner, kitty litter and scrubbing with
a nylon  brush (several) followed by a hand pumped sprayer of car wash
solution  and--finally--clean water.  The formerly stained section was brighter
and  cleaner than the rest of the floor when I was done after about a day's
work.  And we are still friends.

Bob
Group Corvair
Corvanatics (check's in the mail)