<VV> '62 front suspension

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sun Dec 16 13:03:33 EST 2012

Hi folks,

It's staying a little warm around here, so yesterday I got going on my new front suspension for the '62 wagon.  I wanted to refresh it and add a front sway bar, so after some thought and looking at the stock available parts she's getting a late front cross member, lower control arms, and sway bar.  The brakes, spindles, and upper control arms will remain stock (I already have converted the brakes to self adjusters when I rebuilt them a couple years back).

Since the cross member was kind of rusty but sound, I elected to try Rustoleums rust convertor primer after wire brushing the whole thing.  Hopefully we'll get one more nice day here in Northern Va and I can top coat it.  Next I'll order new bushings, ball joints, and sway bar bushings to rework during the cold weather.  When it warms up a little I'll install it, I think with the fresh parts and big front bar it will make quite a difference in the way the car handles, hopefully for the better :-)

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell | Springfield, Va. | bryan at skiblack.com | http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa
  '69 Road Runner, '99 Neon R/T, '00 Miata SE, '09 Ford F-150
  Kid cars: '00 Grand Marquis, '99 Miata