<VV> bolting a flywheel

lonwall@corvairunderground.com corvairs at pacifier.com
Fri Dec 21 18:04:54 EST 2012

HI! I'm bolting 6 flywheels today, but they aren't my own.  YES they
need to be balanced, especially after extensive work done.  Of course I
have Dale's fixtures and materials.............Incidentally I scrapped 3
flywheel cores this week because someone had tried to bolt them - all
not very good attempts.

Can you bolt your own flywheels and have them turn out good?  How would
I know - I don't know you or the tools at your disposal. The popular (in
some circles) notion that bolting your own flywheels is something anyone
can do properly is overly optimistic.

I'm only flywheel #185.....

Lon
www.corvairunderground.com