<VV> Advice needed - loose throttle shaft

lonwall@corvairunderground.com corvairs at pacifier.com
Wed Feb 1 19:27:37 EST 2012

On 2/1/2012 4:10 PM, chuck mckinley wrote:
>   When I had the throttle shaft out of the carb, it was
> reassuring to see that there was no detectable wear (other than the
> plating being worn off, showing the brass underneath) where the shaft
> passes through the carb body.

Hi Chuck - This is not good. The chrome plating is what prevents the
shaft from wearing. When it's 'down to the brass" it will wear much
faster. Don't panic today,  as the shaft is currently usable. But keep
an eye on it over the next few months.

Our carb shafts will be on sale starting tomorrow if you are interested.

Lon
www.corvairunderground.com