<VV> Need tire pressure gage buying advice

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Mon Feb 6 12:26:43 EST 2012

We all know the importance of maintaining proper tire pressure for any car
but, especially for our Corvairs.  My long trusty favorite tire  pressure
gage seems lately to be giving false readings so I'm contemplating  buying a
new one.  Any advice or recommendations out there?  I liked  the old one not
only because, until recently, it seemed to be spot-on accurate  but also
because I like its flexible hose and the little button on the side that
allowed me to let air out if I found the tire to be over-inflated.

What about this one from Griot's Garage?

_http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/digital+tire+inflating+gun.do?sortby=ou
rPicks_
(http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/digital+tire+inflating+gun.do?sortby=ourPicks)

And, lastly, could it be possible that I am getting false readings on my
old gage because I keep it in the car and it's been temporarily affected by
the  cold temperatures outdoors?  BTW, my old one is analog with a round gage
 and a sweep needle.  The false readings I have been getting from it have
resulted in my over-inflating the tires.  In other words, it's telling me I
have less pressure in there than I really do.

Thanks!

~Bill Stanley