<VV> Fw: Corsa Dash Install questions

Leland Garland lgarland1 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 00:28:46 EST 2012

I have been working on installation of a Corsa instrument panel into a '65 Monza which originally had Powerglide but now has '66 Saginaw transaxle.  I have modified the original wiring harnesses to accomplish this -- a lot of work.

First of all I added two wires to the engine harness: 1) Wire from negative side of coil for the tach, 2) New wire for temperature switch in right head (non-Corsa has only one wire for both oil pressure and head temp switches).  Also added vacuum line from fitting on left head (I have '66 turbo engine).

Secondly, I added three wires to the main body harness: 1) New wire for the tach, 2) New wire for head temp switch, and 3) New wire for thermister in left head.  Continued the vacuum line forwrd through the tunnel.

Thirdly, Added all three wires from the main body harness to the under-dash harness. Also had to tap into the wire from the head temp switch to add a new wire to go to the high temp buzzer, had to solder in a diode in the wire from the head temp switch (after the tapped connection just described  (which prevents the buzzer from being energized by a no oil pressure condition), and then connect the wire from the thermister to the head temp switch wire (after the diode).  Continued the vacuum line up to the Corsa instrument panel.

The under-dash harness also required modifications to eliminate the PG neutral safety switch and backup light switch.  My transmission doesn't have a working backup switch but I'll have to modify the main body harness if I ever install a backup switch.

I don't know if this will be of any help to you, but at least you can get an idea of the work involved if you decide not to buy new harnesses -- all three of them.

Leland L Garland
'65 Monza
Phoenix AZ

In a message dated 9/20/2011 9:35:41 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,