<VV> Fwd: Reality check WAS Need tire pressure gage buying advice

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Tue Feb 7 09:59:25 EST 2012

Completely disagree?  Well, plus or minus 5 would be, in your example, an 'ideal' pressure of 30 PSI, a choice you may make for the rear of your Corvair.  If you set the pressure with the SAME GAUGE it would be really quite easy to get them within one or two PSI of each other with any gauge.  If, unknown to you, the gauge reading was off 5 PSI would you know the tire pressure was off by that amount?  Perhaps, but most would have no idea.  If one did notice they would, more likely, decide the tires should be at 28 or 32 PSI and adjust them to the new number.

Ideal tire pressures are just not an exact science.  Best to keep a pencil type gauge in the glove box of each car and use only that gauge for that car.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.