<VV> Fwd: Reality check WAS Need tire pressure gage

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Tue Feb 7 22:21:47 EST 2012

Reading all the comments about tire pressure and tire pressure gauges, I will add my 2 cents.

When we were racing, we adjusted tire pressures all the time, actually, every time the car went on the track. We used some very nice gauges, but it seemed the digital type didn't hold up as well as the dial gauges.

We also found out that almost every gauge gave a slightly different reading.

When dealing with tire pressures, the actual pressures are not absolute. They are relative to each other.

If one is really concerned about tire pressures, do you make adjustments based on air temperature, the number of people in your Corvair  or amount of pay load you are carrying in your Corvair? if not, maybe you should reconsider your theories on tire pressures.

Roy in Bayville 08721