<VV> Tranny identification

DTerry8123 at aol.com DTerry8123 at aol.com
Wed Feb 8 00:10:30 EST 2012

The 1960 that my parents bought new (built in march 1960) had an  aluminum
case. How do I know? The transmission failed at 20 K miles when the
mainshaft dropped down and started grinding a hole in the case. We had the old
transmission for years. The replacement was cast iron.

Dan Terry
1965 Corsa 140 coupe
Corvair Atlanta

In a message dated 2/7/2012 8:29:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,