<VV> speedi sleeves was viton seal

Cliff Tibbitts tibbitts at qx.net
Sat Feb 11 22:48:26 EST 2012

Joel corrected me on the sleeve.   I was shooting from the hip when I sent
the earlier message and included one too many zeros.  The wall of the sleeve
is in fact 0.011.   So double that  and you are effectively adding 0.022 to
the diameter of the crank gear sealing surface.  I did not however find that
to be too tight as suggested.  Again, so far so good after 6000 miles.  I
still recommend the sleeve unless you are convinced you have a good sealing
surface.  Use your own best judgment.

If you are interested search for the SKF Speedi Sleeve 99303.  This sleeve
should be easy to find as it also fits something in a DANA axle used in
Dodge pickups.

Cliff Tibbitts

Lexington, KY